Tuesday 31 December 2013

A Kick Ass Heroine from a Kick Ass Writer

Having read Chuck's non fiction books, and being a devotee of his blog, I had high expectations for this novella. I was not disappointed.

This was a rip-roaring, roller-coaster of a story that grabbed me at the start and didn't let go until the very last page; my kids went hungry, my husband's work shirts were not washed, the dog was not walked, did I care? Not one jot! I was cheering for Atlanta Burns the whole way. A messed up kid trying to make her way in the world with little in the way of guidance and support-I really hope we see a little more of the mother daughter relationship in the next few stories I really want to know what the deal is there-and trying to help others along the way.

There were a couple of teeny tiny proofreading errors but nothing serious even if they did momentarily jolt me out of story mode.

I will definitely be getting the next book in the series as soon as I can and keeping my eyes peeled for more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment